The Buckeye Central Board of Education has set March 3- April 14 as the application window for people interested in applying for the Superintendent position. All questions about the application, process or timeline should be directed to Dr. Eugene Linton of the Telego Center of Ashland University. A link to the application and Dr. Linton’s contact information are located on Buckeye Central’s website.
Some of the expectations the Board has prioritized for interested applicants include:
- Willingness to be the educational leader in the community
- Ability to hire, train and direct an effective management team
- A decision making style that encourages board involvement
- Excellent human relations skills “A people person”
- Demonstrates an ability to communicate with the Board, Staff and Community
- A community oriented person that is involved in community events
- Management style that includes interaction with students and staff
- Decisions always consider what is best for students
- Experience as a principal
- Experience as a teacher
The Board will be gathering community and staff input to be used in narrowing and selecting interview candidates. More info about how to provide input on the final candidate and selection qualities will be coming soon! Staff and community members can get involved now by encouraging qualified people that meet these expectations to apply.
The Board of Education wants to promote openness and communication with community members. We appreciate this opportunity to provide facts, thoughts and background on a current issue and look forward to community members insight, comments, questions and ideas of other issues to address. Contact President, Missy McDougal at (419)492-2507 or email@example.com or Vice President, Steve Aichholz at (419)492-2715 or firstname.lastname@example.org. All applicants and media inquiries about the Superintendent position must be directed to Dr. Eugene Linton email@example.com or (419)289-5921.