Last updated: December 24. 2013 5:32PM - 2144 Views
Staff Reports info@limanews.com

Story Tools:

Font Size:

Social Media:

MONROE TOWNSHIP — Three area fire departments responded to a house fire caused by a faulty chimney pipe from a wood burner Tuesday morning.

At 10:02 a.m., Cairo Fire Department, along with American Township Fire Department and Kalida Fire Department, responded to a house fire at 6945 N. West St., west of Cairo, where flames were coming out the front door. After an aggressive interior attack, firefighters were able to contain the fire to the room of origin, apparently a dining room. Firefighters remained on site until 12:55 p.m.

No one was in the house at the time of the fire. Damage estimates from the fire total $60,000. The American Red Cross was also on site to offer assistance.

All user comments are subject to our Terms of Service. Users may flag inappropriate comments.
comments powered by Disqus

Featured Businesses


Info Minute

Gas Prices

Lima Gas Prices provided by GasBuddy.com