There’s just something about Vacation Bible School that says summer fun.
Exciting themes with games, crafts and Bible lessons offer ways to keep young minds engaged during the summer months. Fortunately, the Lima area has plenty from which to choose.
Below is a list of possibilities that should fit in just about anyone’s schedule with a variety of themes, activities and locations:
• June 10-13, “Investigation Destination,” Marion Baptist Church, 2998 Defiance Trail, Delphos. Events will be held from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. for kids, ages 3 years to 6th grade. For details call 419-339-6319.
• June 10-14, “Kingdom Rock, a Totally Catholic Vacation Bible School,” St. John the Evangelist Catholic Church on 777 S. Main St., Lima. Events will be held from 8 a.m. to noon for kids of all faiths, ages kindergarten through fourth grade. Pre-registration forms are available at St. Rose Catholic Church, 479 N. West St., Lima; the parish office, 222 S. West St., Lima; or at St. John the Evangelist Catholic Church. Attendees can also fill out the registration form online at https://osv.groupvbspro.com/vbs/ez/stroseandstjohn/gpgs/Home.aspx. For details call the parish office at 419-222-5521.
• June 10-14, “SonWest Roundup,” Pleasant View Church of the Brethren, 4950 N. Thayer Road, Elida. Events will be held from 6:30 to 8:50 p.m. for kids in kindergarten through sixth grade. For details call 419-643-4495 or visit http://vbs.pleasantviewcob.org.
• June 16 – 21, “God’s Backyard Bible Camp,” Forest Park United Methodist Church, 315 S. Collins Ave., Lima. Events will be from 6 to 8 p.m. for kids ages 4 years to fifth grade. The first night will be a special blastoff with the Neil Armstrong Museum and rocket display. There will also be a service project on June 17 from 9 to 10 a.m. and a final program on June 23 at 10:30 a.m. where VBS participants will receive a gift. For details, call 419-227-8445.
• June 17-21, “The Kingdom Chronicles: Put on the Full Armor of God,” Delphos Christian Union Church, 470 S. Franklin St., Delphos. Events will be held from 5:45 to 8 p.m. for kids, ages 4 to 12 years old. For details call 419-695-1179 or 419-863-0948 or email email@example.com.
• June 17-21, “Don’t Miss It,” Lima Baptist Temple, 982 Brower Road, Lima. Events will be held from 6 to 8 p.m. for kids, ages 4 years old up to fifth grade. Will feature children’s evangelist Joe Schmidt, who will use object lessons, music, comedy, illusions and more during the week. For details, call 419-229-1561.
• July 8-12, “God’s Backyard Bible Camp,” St. Matthew Lutheran Church, 5050 St. Matthews Drive, Lima. A light meal will be served at 6 p.m. Events will be held from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. for kids ages 3 to sixth grade. Pre-registration and details are available by calling 419-999-5329.
• July14-18, “Go Tell it on the Mountain,” Immanuel Lutheran Church, 2120 Lakewood Ave., Lima. Events will be held from 6:30 to 8:15 p.m. for kids, ages 3 years up to sixth grade. There will also be an adults’ Bible study during this time. For details, call 419-222-2541.
• July 15 - 19, “Kingdom Rock: Where Kids Stand Strong for God,” Waynesfield Baptist Church, 512 N. Westminster St., Waynesfield. Events will be held from 6:15 to 8:30 p.m. for kids, ages 4 years up to 12th grade. For details, call 419-568-5911.
• July 21-25, “Everywhere Fun Fair,” Westminster United Methodist Church, 6650 Faulkner Road, Westminster. Events will be held from 6:30 to 9 p.m. For details, call 419-648-8151 or visit www.cokesburyvbs/WESTMINSTEROHUMC.
• July 21-25, “Gotta Move,” Columbus Grove Community Vacation Bible School. Held for kids, ages 4 years up to eighth grade. Kids ages 4 years to first grade will go to Columbus Grove Christian Church, 105 S. Broad St. Kids in second grade will go to First Presbyterian Church, 210 S. High St. Kids in third and fourth grade will go to St. John’s United Methodist Church, 205 N. High St. Kids in fifth and sixth grade will go to Church of the Good Shepherd, 224 S. Elm St. Kids in seventh and eighth grade will go to St. Anthony’s Catholic Church, 512 W. Sycamore St. Children will meet at their respective churches at 6 p.m., and they can be picked up at Columbus Grove Christian Church at 8:45 p.m. For details, call 419-615-8928.
• July 29–Aug. 2, “Colossal Coaster World,” Bluffton Baptist Church, 345 County Line Road, Bluffton. Events start at 6:30 to 9 p.m. for kids, ages 3 years to 9th grade. Pre-registration available or registration upon arrival. For details call 419-358-0170.
• Aug. 4-8, “Electricity: Plugging into God’s Power,” Bluelick Bible Church, 1138 W. Bluelick Road, Lima. Events start at 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. for kids, ages 5 years up to 6th grade. For details or transportation, call 419-225-8822.
If you have a story idea for the religion page, please contact Rosanne Bowman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vacation Bible School